I really haven't gotten any better keeping up with this blog. How will I ever be famous, LOL? Everyday I see many blogs that are just fabulous. The talent out there takes my breath away. The photos? Oh my goodness.....I just have to dream on. I've mastered the camera on my iPhone and that's about as basic as it gets. I guess Ree Drummond really started a fad in photographing each step used to create her fabulous recipes. I'm more the "here is what you need" "to make it look like this".  Or a picture of the finished product maybe. I guess what I'm getting to is don't expect the same from this blog. This will be more of a few recipes shared by me, crafts created by me, gardening etc. If anyone ever does read my humble blog please feel free to post recipes, crafting ideas, good movies you've seen....just simple ordinary everyday things shared by friends.

It's been my desire so many times to speak from my heart on Facebook. I do love Facebook but sometimes it just gets so ugly with contrasting opinions, statements meant one way and taken the other, religious or political views sparring at every turn. But, if we weren't allowed to form our own opinions and beliefs what kind of life would that be? I've seen many friendships strained to the breaking point over very important but mostly silly things. My thought is this: I believe what I believe. No one on earth  will every change my religious views. Ever. They are based entirely on the Bible, God's word and what it says is what it means. Do I always live my life like I gave a hoot about God? Absolutely not and that shames me. I'm a hot head (thank you Daddy) and am passionate about what I care about and people I love. I would love to be able to say how frustrated I am with politics, the justice system, religious views without any back lash from people I consider friends. I encourage every friend I have on Facebook to post what they believe. What they are passionate about.  Maybe someday but extremists on the right and left sides both cause a great deal of angst and ultimately do nothing to further their cause. So sad. So I will leave my frustrations here on the days I am all "hopped up" about something and encourage others to do the same. Respect other's opinions and the only thing worth passionately agreeing on is God.

I got a phone call from our church phone tree today. One of our members nephew who is 29 had a massive heart attack. Now the family has to make a decision about life support. It almost brought me to my knees to hear that. What a tragedy. One I cannot begin to wrap my mind about. Younger than our 2 boys. How and why would and could this have happened. God is in charge even when we can not seem to find Him anywhere.

Then tonight a friend on Facebook asked for prayers regarding her months old grandson, Jackson. He was born with some cardiac issues. He has had multiple surgeries and now tonight he is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. It's touch and go. No one knows what will happen. How do we find God in this? How could a precious little baby be so critically ill after all he has gone through? I do not know but my heart is bleeding for that sweet family tonight and praying that little Jackson might be spared again. God IS good. ALL the time. I'm still waiting on answers for prayers that have been made over the years but the Bible teaches us there will always be an answer. We may just never know it has been answered. Faith is what I live on because I don't think I could have survived some of the things I've gone through without that precious word.

So here we are tonight. Very ill boys and families that need prayer. Life will go on tomorrow with all the hoopla about George Zimmerman, jetliner crashes, immigration, health care, all the political shenanigans. And we need to be on our knees for all of the above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The State of our Union

Falling Into Fall

Life's a Hoot!