What a Birthday!

What a lovely weekend and it continued into yesterday. I had dozens of birthday wishes on Facebook from some people I actually went to grade school with and many of us have remained fairly local. I can't imagine what we would have though back in the early 60s if someone had tried to explain a computer that would fit on our laps rather than take up one entire room. Or the concept of social networking. Or the fact that one day we would turn 58!

On Friday our oldest, Joshua Michael 33, flew in from Crystal Minnesota. Mike and he had kept this a secret from me once again. He does this about three times a year and I'm always caught unaware. What a wonderful, blessed surprise. He and his dad went to the gun range to try out the newest gun we purchased for Josh for his birthday this month. Friday night they all headed out to our second son's, Jordan William 30, ice hockey game at 11:00 PM!!!!!! Too late for me and I was sound asleep when they got in. Saturday we hit what is fairly new to us our mass transit system for a trip into the west end of downtown Dallas. We ate at a wonderful little pub we happened on. The staff were awesome awesome, the food good and the atmosphere relaxing. After that we headed to the Dallas World Aquarium (my choice) and spent a couple of hours or so there taking pictures, enjoying one another (and about a million other people) and seeing more birds than fish. It was gorgeous and once again I am in awe of the creatures we are fortunate enough to live with. Even the dreaded snakes and spitting frogs. They are beautiful to behold. It was a great afternoon. I didn't fall down and used what stairs I felt brave enough using and got some much needed walking in too. We boarded the train for home so Lauren and Jordan could go feed and walk our grand dog Jasper and we could take care of Chucky. Then it was back to our house for pizza and we thought game night as well. It was refreshing to see the kids ready to head for home without games shortly after nine. Our babies are growing up and feeling it a bit now.

Yesterday (my actual birthday) I ran a few errands and went to visit the baby bird I purchased but have left at the bird shop. It was recently weaned and the staff prefers to keep them an extra couple of weeks to make certain they are thriving. I get to pick Hedwig up on Friday. Crashed the rest of the afternoon. Then Mike's sister Betty came over bearing chocolate goodness in the form of her famous "whacky cake" and we pigged out on Rosa's Taco Tuesday. It was a super, great day as well. I am blessed to have such a solid and mostly local family.

Today is Wednesday and typically I have tried to keep it set aside for Deb's Day aka Do Nothing Day. Kind of re-charges me for the rest of the week and weekend and being a stay at home wife and mother to all pets we need to set aside a day because let's face it. We are always at our place of "employment" so it's easy to start a load of laundry or dishes or sweep up that mess. So take a day or afternoon for yourself. Make sure the kids and hubs understand you need that time as wives and mothers. It gives you that charge to be super woman the rest of the week.

Happy Wednesday everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The State of our Union

Falling Into Fall

Life's a Hoot!