Bring On The Clowns

Everywhere I look this morning is some blurb about "who won the debate" last night. I have asked myself time and time again do I REALLY care? Does it really matter in the scheme of things or simply the long run? I've thought about it and thought about it this morning wondering if I am just apathetic or I'm on to something. I've read scripture and prayed. And then, it came to me......if America doesn't win then what does it matter? Should the American people not be the winner in this election? We are not winning now and while I do not believe President Obama is capable of leading us out of this situation I wonder if Romney can do any better? Obama had positive, lofty goals which he was unable to achieve. I honestly believe he thought he could do what he said he could. And in his defense, the problems in our country started decades ago. You can't blame Obama or President Bush or Clinton or Reagan. Each has had a hand in the demise of our nation but I truly believe it began with the hostage crisis President Carter did nothing about in the 70s. We lost a great deal of our image then and many lost faith in our leaders at that time. We all can argue and play the blame game but does that insure America a victory? Should this election not be about America and her people who have faithfully fulfilled their obligations to the government year after year, regardless of who was in power?  I look at the pictures from last night and all that runs through my head is "Bring In the Clowns". These men have been prepared and coached and tested so that they are as ready as they can possibly be prior to the debate. This is not some college extemporaneous contest to see who can come up with the best answer on the fly. They are prepared! And the moderator is prepared. Perhaps just a blue collar American citizen should moderate with a "prepared" set of questions that Americans want answered, straight from the heart. My first question would be "Do you love America"? I have several others prepared as well that speak to the very soul of patriotism but won't launch into that here. America must win, everybody. I can't imagine running for president for any other reason but love of the country, true, dedicated, I will die for you love of America. Neither of these men qualify. It has become a contest of snarky remarks, political propaganda, whose wife wears it well, which family is more attractive, blah, blah, blah. It is not about that deep abiding love of country anymore. I think that ended with Reagan possibly. Just my opinion and my belief. I'll temper that by saying I loved Reagan with all my heart but he was an actor. Perhaps that is what today's politician needs: acting lessons. To lull us in to a false sense of security while people IN America go hungry, we sink farther in to debt, jobs continue to be out-sourced, unemployment is at a tragic rate, homes are being foreclosed....and we are lulled by one of THESE men into thinking he can fix it. Bring on the clowns.
At the foot of my Daddy's grave is a brass marker commemorating his time in the Navy during the Korean War with the verse dear to him: "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land"  2 Chronicles 7:14. That works for me. We were once a Godly nation, solidly one nation under God and that has been swept away so that we could be politically correct and not show favoritism to any special group. Too late. We are now that group. America needs a leader who loves Her. Who would die for Her. Who's values are based steadfastly in the Bible and the teachings there. Why can't these 2 men sit down and say that they are unable to do it alone much less waste precious time America doesn't have  throwing snarky remarks at one another, parties behaving like a nursery school we all sit in horror and watch, debating one another. Neither one can fix America. But working together and remembering the fact that politicians are where they are by the hand of the American voter, getting Americans taken care of and fired up about recovery in a non partisan way and starting our days on our knees to our Heavenly Father we can do this. Obviously what we are doing has got to stop. It's not working. We are drifting farther out to sea with no port in this storm. Pray for your country. Pray for both President Obama and Gov. Romney every single day. They are both in need of that desperately. Don't take sides.....remember what is at stake and I quote JFK by saying "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". And pray. Every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Fall

The State of our Union

Life's a Hoot!