KRIS KRINGLE KLUB AKA KX3


Okay Klubees: Tomorrow is May 25. We are almost halfway to Christmas again and need to get in gear. Anything you do prior to December will help make your holidays more organized and enjoyable. Movie suggestions for tomorrow while you work are A Christmas Story or The Muppet Christmas Carol. I just love the Christmas Story. While I wasn't even born during the time the story was set, at one time or another I heard just about every warning used in that flick growing up. Starving kids in China, I'll give you something to cry about, don't play with your food, you get the idea. It's a comfort to me to watch and remember a time in America where The Wizard of Oz rocked and you listened to the radio instead of fixating on a TV, or worse, video game. I love the Muppets too. Such a sweet story and ofcourse, I always cry LOL. Or, listen to Christmas music and work on something. One thing that is good to start this time of year is your yearly Christmas newsletter, if you do that. School is almost out, vacations are coming up which usually mean tons of summer photos. Use your computer or a journal to jot down the highpoints of summer. Maybe you had graduations this spring, wedddings this summer, amazing trips to somewhere new. Some of the pics can be incorporated into your letter. Most photo programs have the ability to make a "collage" of selected photos. Consider using that idea as a picture diary of 2010. If you don't do a letter, consider sending a Happy New Years letter out after Christmas in lieu of Christmas cards. These are merely suggestions; do whatever you want to do. I plan to work on my dear daughter in law's stocking. I had to use a "storebought" one last year. Horrors. Looked a bit different with all the ones I had done in the late 70s and early 80s. You know, the beaded sequin ones? I can't see anymore so Lauren's will contain copious amounts of fabric glue and adhesive, LOL. And, I hope I'm more patient now than 30+ years ago. Those teeny beads wore me out. Thank the Lord for glitter glue! Have fun tomorrow. Get with a friend and do something together. Remember to shop during the year at flea markets and thrift shops for collectibles. My absolutely favorite Christmas present from 2 years ago came from a thrift shop. I collect the red Avon Cape Cod dishes from the early 80s and my aunt found a pitcher for me there. THAT was a bargain. Mom paid her for it and I was speechless when I opened it. Imagine that. So have fun, keep CHRISTmas in your heart all year long and prepare to be prepared for the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Fall

The State of our Union

Life's a Hoot!