Happy Tuesday!

I haven't blogged in a few and haven't even posted the recipes yet. My apologies to all. My remodel angels finished up their part (for now) last Wed. late. I kind of let the clean up go Thursday and Friday waiting to find out about the granite. So, I'm behind needless to say. Remember, I'm the one that doesn't/didn't want granite in the first place. Mike said if, God forbid, we had to sell the house one day people would think we were cheap not putting in granite. Now, I don't give a rat's rear about that, I don't plan to move. But he is right and I have major back surgery looming in my future and we never know what can happen. I wish I would just happen on a burning bush like Moses and God would tell me which doctor to use. Basically, they are going to have to rebuild a portion of my spine and I'm sure it's gotten worse since my last tests. Surgery can last up to 6 1/2 hours which for me it will probably take longer, LOL. Sooooo, we'll see. Mike and I did go pick out a beautiful granite this past Saturday. I had found some Wilsonart laminate that had all the colors I needed to blend. I have Carol Endres wallpaper, Wilsonart floors, black appliances and the cabinets that are going to have a facelift. I took all of that into consideration and honestly found the perfect granite. The colors blend so well and will pull things together. Mike was right but I'm still not happy about the ceiling mess. I LOVE the ceilings but the mess is taking forever to clean up. On the other hand, every single thing is being cleaned, vacummed, dusted whatever before it goes back into a room. The countertop installers come next week sometime so I know there will be a bit more mess. My back can only take so much cleaning so I've accomplished my goal for today. I will try to rest and craft before I open a couple of cans of clam chowder for dinner tonight, VBG. I will take tomorrow off as I need to get Avon booklets out and I promised one of the guys down at our wonderful police department I would stop by. He has some admin. work for me to do and that counts towards my volunteer hours. Kris Kringle tomorrow for sure!!! Have a great afternoon everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The State of our Union

Falling Into Fall

Life's a Hoot!